Council awards third contract for repair and rebuilding work following the devastating 2011 floods
Council has awarded its third contract for repair and rebuilding work following the devastating 2011 floods.
RDS Roadworks Pty Ltd has been awarded a $2.972 million contract to repair a number of roads in the Scenic Rim region damaged by flooding.
The majority of the work will be funded through the Queensland Reconstruction Authority, with additional funding coming from Council’s reseal program.
Restoration works will be carried out on the following roads within the region as part of this works package:
- Arthur Tce, Boonah - Beetham St, Beaudesert
- Brisbane St, Beaudesert - Carter Rd, Aratula
- Dover St, Boonah - Edward St, Kalbar
- Elizabeth Tce, Boonah - Elliot Rd, Boonah
- Helen St, Beaudesert - Kailas Ct, Tamborine
- Larch Rd, Tamborine - Ley St, Boonah
- Macquarie St, Boonah - McKee St, Beaudesert
- Phillip St, Aratula - Roadvale Rd, Roadvale
- Short St, Beaudesert - Walter St, Beaudesert
- Alfred St, Boonah - Railway St, Boonah
- George St, Boonah - Highbury St, Boonah
- Park St, Boonah - Mullholland St, Alford
- Church St, Boonah
This contract of works forms part of $46.7 million in recovery funding approved by the Queensland Reconstruction Authority for projects in the Scenic Rim. Mayor John Brent said he was pleased to see the continuing progress of restoration works in the region.
“This is another step forward for Council’s program of works to repair the damage caused by the 2011 floods,” he said.
Council anticipates tenders for most of the remaining work packages will be called by the end of June 2012 with works progressively undertaken and the majority of works completed by mid-2013.