Tamborine Mountain is fast becoming a destination for holiday makers and weekenders alike for gourmet food, award winning wines, internationally recognised liqueurs, delicious cheeses, the micro brewery and yummy fudge and chocolate.
If you are looking for an an easy, inexpensive and enjoyable way to see all that Tamborine Mountain has to offer, you can't go past the Tamborine Trolley Tours.
The Tamborine Tours 'Hop on Hop Off' service takes the work out of sightseeing on the Mountain. Ride in the famous tram style Trolley on a fun filled day for the whole family with kids.
A $30 adult pass (children $15, family pass $75) buys an entire day of transport across the mountain.
The Tours trolley-style buses are driven by locals with a great knowledge of the Mountain’s stories.
The Tamborine Tours 'All Day Mountain Explorer Pass' stops at 17 destinations across the mountain and the loop operates daily from 10am to 4pm. The full circuit takes about 40 minutes to complete.
If you are on the All Day Mountain Explorer Pass, here is what to expect:
- A visit to Thunderbird Park for Thunderegg fossicking
- A Walk on the Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk elevated walkway through the beautiful middle and upper canopies of the rainforest
- A picnic lunch at the National Park
- A visit to the "ever-glowing'' Glow Worm caves
- Granny Macs on Gallery Walk so you can load up on sweet treats for your ride home
If you prefer to create your own itinerary then you'll love the Hop On Hop Off All Day Mountain Explorer Pass as you can hop off and hop on at any of the 17 stops on the route on this fantastic day tour.
For food and wine lovers there is the 'Taste of Tamborine Tour' Full Day Food and Wine Trolley Tour. Travel in style in the fresh country air on the Tamborine Trolley to:
- Local Wineries for fully guided wine tastings and seeing how wine is made
- Liqueur and schnapps tasting at the award winning Distillery
- Tasting of locally made cheeses, hand made chocolates, fudge and local coffee
- Shopping on "Gallery Walk" and more
The 'Taste of Tamborine Tour' is a great way to meet the local producers and mountain characters. A two course restaurant lunch in a superb garden setting and afternoon refreshments are part of the package.
The all day tour departs from bus stop outside Tamborine Mountain Chalets at 112 Long Road (Gallery Walk), Eagle Heights.
If you are planning you wedding on beautiful Tamborine Mountain, Tamborine Mountain Tours specialise in picking up wedding guests from Tamborine Mountain accommodation ensuring that they arrive at the ceremony on time and get home safely at the end of the night. Tamborine Tours can assist groups of 10 through to 100 and of course, will also transfer the bridal party.
Tamborine Tours also offer airport transfers and daily transfers from the Gold Coast.
Head Office: 146-148 Long Road, Eagle Heights Tamborine Mountain QLD 4271
Phone: 1300 TAMBORINE 1300 (826 267) +61 (0) 7 5545 4321 Facsimile: +61 (0) 7 5545 4433